“Focus on how to be social, not on how to do social.”
– Jay Baer
During my time working in the digital marketing industry, I’ve talked to many different people with very different opinions about social media. Some see it as the future of marketing while others see it as a blip on the radar and not worth their time.
To me, social media is a revolutionary tool that gives businesses the ability to better understand the customer on a personal level in order to serve them to the best of its ability.
That’s why I put together one of my first blog posts, 10 Steps to Kick-Start Your Social Media.
Without engaging and using social media effectively, no one will know you’re even there. So now it’s time to increase your social reach and share content your customers find interesting.
So without further adue, here are 8 ways to increase your social reach:
- Have Social Share Buttons: Make sure people who come to read your content can easily Share, RT and re-post your content. The most effective way to get new customers is by referrals from their friends, family and people they trust.
- Engage Influencers: Know who the leaders in your industry are and build relationships with them on social media. Don’t miss out on positioning yourself as a trustworthy business by connecting yourself closely to other leaders.
- Utilize Hashtags & Keywords: Make your content easily searchable so people who are interested in the content you’re sharing, but might not know about you, can easily find you and your content.
- Use Paid Advertisement: Research the benefits of Google AdWords, Promoted Tweets, Facebook Sidebar Ads & Promoted Posts and other paid advertisement opportunities and evaluate which options are best for your business.
- Post Shareable Content: Pictures, quotes and real-time news are just a few examples of the types of content that are considered “highly shareable content.” Make sure you’re posting information that your customers and social media users will actually want to share (which shockingly isn’t continual self-promotion).
- Participate in Group Conversations: Research different Twitter Chats, Google + Communities, Facebook Groups and other social media groups that are related to your industry to engage with.
- Run Contests: People love winning free stuff, there’s no way around it. Running contests is a great way to increase social reach, just make sure you’re giving away things related to your business so you’re attracting relavent users.
- Promote Your Presence: Keep your current customers informed on your social media presence by adding your business’s social media links/information to email signatures, products, in-store/online signage and anything else customers might see!
What are some creative ways you have been able to increase your social reach?
~ Miss Soucie