“To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear” – Buddha
I absolutely love the freedom I have become I work at home. I can go out to lunch whenever I want (without watching the clock,) I can workout during the day, I can travel, really the opportunities are endless.
There are some challenges to working at home, though. It can make food temptations harder to fight. It can make people feel much more cut off from the world. It can make small stressors in life feel much harder to handle, too.
- Take Deep Breaths (via @MamaBritt) – It’s amazing what taking a break, counting to ten and taking deep breaths can do for your sanity!
- Find Your Workout – There are lots of different ways to get workouts in, at home, at the gym and with your friends. I’m personally a huge fan of alternating between at home workouts, Bikram Yoga 3-4 days a week and cardio 2-3 days a week. Pinterest is a great spot to find workout ideas.
- Squeeze in Midday Workouts – There are lots of little workouts people can do at home to stay in shape and to mix up your daily routine. The Skinny Confidential has some great suggestions on little moves that can easily done just while watching TV!
- Snack Healthy – Take the “cave man” approach to snacking. Don’t eat anything a cave man wouldn’t have eaten. Fruits, veggies, nuts and other all-natural foods are great examples! My absolute favorite snack food is Goldfish, but unfortunately, those don’t fall into that category.
- Share Tips & Tricks – One of the best ways to get motivated and to stay healthy is by sharing health ideas and tricks with friends. Pinterest is another great use for that.
- Stay Positive – There’s always tomorrow, there’s always another day, and there’s always another chance to do something better. It’s important to take a step back and realize that whatever it is, it’ll be better tomorrow.
What are some other tricks & tips that you use to stay happy & healthy, whether you work at home, at an office or travel for a living?
~ Miss Soucie