“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
– St. Augustine
Anyone who knows me, knows I can’t stay in one place for long. I’m proud to say that in my 22 years I’ve been blessed to visit 13 different countries, and wouldn’t trade it for anything.
In order to develop my blog further, I’m going to start highlighting some of the places I’ve been, places I want to go and why I think traveling is crucial to personal development.
The Internet, and Pinterest specifically, provides never-ending resources for smart traveling tips and guides. This is a great resource for cheap travel tips that I found, making it easy to travel even on a tight budget.
Some of the benefits of traveling are:
- Meet New People: There is nothing better than meeting new people. You get the opportunity to learn more about them and different perspectives on life. It’s an exhilarating and fun experience that diversifies you as a person.
- Explore New Cultures: Every city, state and country has something unique about the culture. Traveling helps you become more educated and embrace other cultures and their traditions.
- Try New Food: (This is without a doubt my favorite part of traveling.) There are so many types of foods and cooking methods in every culture. Even though some foods might seem strange, there’s no reason not to try everything once. You might even like it!
- Do Things You Never Would Otherwise: Traveling gives you the ability to experience one-in-a-lifetime opportunities that you wouldn’t be able to otherwise. The best part is bringing back all the new recipes you’ve learned to show off when you get home!
- Learn New Languages: There are roughly 6,800 spoken languages in the world, according to this reference. People in Europe speak a number of different languages (usually over three), whereas people in the United States usually speak only one.
- Explore Potential Careers: Not everyone is meant to stay in the United States forever. There are endless possibilities to grow and develop your career in other countries. Who knows, maybe next year you’ll be in Central America waking up to the Caribbean Ocean every morning?
Can’t decide where you want to travel to next? Here’s a great article on 29 Places to See in 2013.
Where are you off to next?
~ Miss Soucie