“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great”
- Joe Sabah
This quote is something that I had to truly embrace after graduating from college a short three months ago. After my dream of being part of Teach for America was shattered, I had to figure out a new plan.
Well, three months later, I’ve found out why my initial plan didn’t work; it’s because I was meant to do something else. I was meant to start my own business and start my own path in the professional world.
In order to get to this point, there were some very important lessons that I had to learn and begin to implement immediately.
Here are some of those lessons:
- Learn Humility – No matter what you did in college or what you’ve done up to this point, there’s always something more to learn and someone who’s more experienced than you are.
- Ask For Help – This is one that I’m still struggling with, but it is so incredibly important. It never hurts to ask, to learn or to hear another point of view.
- Go For It – No one ever got anywhere by doing something 50% of the time. If you want something, go for it. Do everything & anything to get where you want to go.
- Find Your Passion – Don’t do something because it seems like the best bet. Figure out what makes you happy. Try a vision board, writing in a diary or just thinking. What makes you tick?
- Positive Vibes - Think positively and be around those people who support you in what you do and don’t exert negative vibes! You don’t need that.
- Confidence – Always remember that there’s only one you, and that you can do anything you put your mind to. Have faith in yourself and it will all come together.
Start today. Don’t put off figuring out what makes you happy! Ready, set, go!
~ Miss Soucie