I was trying to think about something to write today while I enjoyed my Skinny Carmel Macchiato at Starbucks on a beautiful August afternoon, and my dear friend Evan Roberts suggested I do a “10 Things To Do Before You Die” list, inspired by his recent post.
When I started thinking about what would be on my list, it actually was sort of difficult to nail down, so here it goes:
- Write a book: For those that know me, I’m an avid reader. Like, a new-book-every-week type of reader. What type of book would I write? I’m thinking fiction, but I promise I won’t add to the excessive amount of vampire books and series that are already taking over the world.
- Learn (at least) 1 more language: Obviously I know English, and I like to say I’m “conversationally fluent” in Spanish, and I’d like to add (at least) one more language to my list before I die.
- Live abroad for a year (or two, or three): I’m travel-obsessed, and I won’t die a happy woman unless I live abroad for at least a year in a foreign country.
- Send my parents (and my brother!) on all-expenses paid vacations: There’s nothing I could possibly do to repay my parents for what they’ve done for me, but this might be able to express some of my gratitude.
- Go skydiving: I mean what more of a rush is there than jumping out of an airplane and free-falling? None that I can think of!
- Become a certified trainer/nutritionist: I’m slightly obsessed with working out, living healthy and eating healthy. Eventually I’d like to pursue those passions in a professional manner and help others be the best they can be as well.
- Sustain a successful business: I’ve started my social media business TechFly Media (aka Soucie Holdings LLC), but I want to be able to build and grow it to become a successful social media/digital marketing company.
- Go back to school: I love learning. I’ve only been out of school 6 months and I’m already thinking about what I want to master in or go back to school for. I’ve been thinking a master’s degree in marketing, but who knows?
- Get a golden retriever puppy: For as long as I can remember I’ve wanted a golden retriever. They might be the most beautiful and friendly dogs ever. After my golden, I want to adopt dogs that need to be rescued.
- Marry the love of my life: Cliché but oh so true.
Well that was quite insightful. It’s surprising how difficult it can be to really hone in on what you really want when it comes down to it, but it can be very helpful if you’re feeling a little lost.
So, what do you want to do before you die?
~ Miss Soucie